Age should not be the criteria for capable driving of any car.
My first Porsche is the 997 TT after 29 years of lusting after a Porsche ... I took delivery at age 49. Prior to the refinements made in the 997 rendition, my height of 6 ft. 7in. didn't allow comfort in any of this class of sports car.
Researching the capabilities of all the 997's, with all of the stability refinements allowed me to feel reasonably safe as long as the car and its vast capabilities are respected. The key to developing knowledge for any car is a professional driving school specializing in the type of car to be purcased.
I highly recommend the Porsche Driving Experience in Alabama, which I participated in 6 months before taking delivery of my choice of vehicle. Understanding the idiosyncrasies of the design, staying within my limits and making responsible decisions while driving allows me to be safe. This also respects the safety of others sharing the roadways.
Participating in other courses will enhance my skills as a driver and lead to further appreciation of the awesome engineering that goes into the marque.
I hope that the owner of the CGT took the time to learn as much as possible about the unique properties and handling characteristics of his exotic car. I would expect that somebody so successful in the business world did his due diligence before exploring the capabilities of the car.