MKSGR:
Whoopsy:

Interesting numbers rom McLaren's sales figures.

$843.6mil in sales for 2016, $11.9mil in profit, moving 3286 cars.

That means an avg selling price per car at just under $257k and profit per car at just over $3600.

Their pricing is kind of aggressive for the technology they offer. The numbers show how hard it is to penetrate this segment of the market. McLaren needs to "buy" customers from Porsche and Ferrari. That is always expensive and also takes a long breath...

Yes, it is aggressive but c'mon, if Porsche would try hard, they could offer the same tech for a little bit more than they are charging now for their top models. Only problem is: Porsche cares more about profits than customers. Smiley I get it, it is not their fault, they have shareholders and internal guidelines on how much profit they need to make on a car but McLaren is putting Porsche to shame lately and this kind of upsets me. Porsche is such a great company, why don't they pick up the fight and show McLaren what they're capable of, even at the risk of making less profit with one or two models? There is certainly an issue here I cannot understand. The new GT2 RS is certainly not the answer to the 720.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)