MKSGR:
huangester:

tested the 720 last week, and compared to already super fast 650:

1)720S is a bit faster.

2) gunning into corner speed; similar, if only slightly better perhaps, but tires are not better, need to replace it with cup2 or corsa

3) more confortable and soft on the soft mode

4) a lot stiffer on the track mode; are not able to try this mode with twisties, so dont' know if its better.

5) sound is still the same, if better only slightly better, but still a turbo charged muted sound.  

overall, a more livable car, taking on the task of GT, but still a super series.  I must say a package better than 911 can offer without the two seats which I never use at the back.   if they could only have the 911 GT3RS sound, it would just be THE PERFECT car for me.

For a current 650S owner to change, with big depreciation, if we only looking at the improved figures, doesn't convinced me, but the exterior look is the KEY to wave off the thought of depreciation....  the only selling point to me for this car is really the look and the new interior.   so for those who wanted to buy 720, I would suggest 650S if you don't mind the old look of the car....

Doesn't the 720s feel much more refined than the 650s (automatic mode of the gearbox, precision of suspension in comfort mode, other details)? How did you like the navigation, sound system etc. I will do the test drive in about 2 weeks. I am very excited but hoping for the aforementioned things...

exactly - in Terms of driving excitment the 650 is already on top of the sportscar segment so no surprise - but interiorwise and surround view , Navigation & design is clearly a step up.