lukestern:
Carlos from Spain:
RC:

Tesla is dominating the ELV market, so the Blackberry/Nokia comparison is a good one in my opinion.

One reason why classic car manufacturers haven't come up with similar products is simple: Who would buy them? There is no market for that to beat Tesla before there is no charging infrastructure. This is what major car manufacturers are working on and at the same time on better than Tesla products. Why haven't we seen them yet? Simple: Who would buy them, the ELV market is pretty limited right now and Tesla rules it.

Like I said before: Wait and see. In a decade or two, the cards in the ELV game will be re-shuffled. 

Basically this. But the small Tesla's followers is like a cult so good luck using reasoning...

Why always those arrogant messages Carlos when it comes to ELVs and Tesla? Tesla is not aimed for the die hard car enthusiasts and petrol heads. We're more discussing mainstream vehicles here.

Smiley

And concerning demand RC... I'm not sure if you've missed that Tesla have about 500.000 pre-orders on the Model 3. I would actually move things around and say that the demand is crazy much higher than supply. And that is exactly what the German manufacturers know. They can't deliver on the demand and therefor they can't for financial reasons bring up the positive sides with EVs. They must continue to make profit on the engines and drivetrains that they have invested billions in. Why do you for instance think that BMW stress out a 3-series EV this autumn to compete with the Model 3? Because they don't think there is a market?? 

I can get 500.000 pre-orders for RC's new sex drug but how do orders pay my bills? Smiley

BMW, like many other manufacturers, are preparing for the ELV future but slowly. No need to rush, even if Tesla's stock market value already surpassed the one of BMW (which clearly is an indicator how much hype there is with Tesla).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)