Gnil:
BjoernB:

in Switzerland they just had a article saying it takes 17 tons CO2 to produce just the batteries for ONE tesla - equal to 8 years average consumption of a normal Petrol car........nuff said......

TESLA ( and all the other electric cars ) must not be looked at as ' clean' cars . I don't think TESLA has ever promoted that .  They need to be seen as a different way of moving cars , that's  it , no more, no less . 

Smiley Very true. ELVs are the future, not doubt about it. It is just a matter of time (and cost).

For sportscars manufacturers, the future is going to be more challenging I'm afraid. Building a 1000 hp sportscar shouldn't be a problem anymore, maybe even for under 200k EUR but the question is: How to make these cars fun to drive other than on the Autobahn? How to make these cars lighter without compromising safety standards/regulations and rising cost? So many challenges ahead, I do not envy anyone working in the car industry (OK, maybe a little bit because I like a challenge Smiley).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)