RC:
MKSGR:
If you consider that you are not the "normal" driver and still you had to experiment so much to find the ups and downs of the setup it seems Audi should find an easier to use concept in the future. Also, a car that is so susceptible to adjustments of ESP, traction control etc. is not perfectly tuned in yet, if you ask me Smiley

I think Audi overdid this and complicated things in a very unnecessary way. Chris Harris is really a car nut but felt annoyed by these setup possibilities. I think a bit different since I love my gadgets but I agree that Audi messed up here, so many setup possibilities without proper "instruction" how to use them is basically...useless. 

I was afraid to play around with the Performance setups on public roads because of those reviews which claimed the R8 would be difficult to drive with Performance mode and ESP turned off. After I got a bit track (or better said: airport field Smiley) time in the car with Performance mode and ESP off, I realized that all the car needs is a clean driving line and no sudden movements. If you drive it like a jerk, it spirals out of control, true. The 991.2 Turbo S is much more forgiving in this domain and I have to admit that I prefer the more harmless setup in a road car for occasions where you forget to turn ESP back on, like it happened to me in Italy.

Right now, I am driving in Performance mode DRY all the time and the car is like a race car, completely different beast. ESP is turned on though. Stupid setup: If I switch to Performance mode WET (it rained and I switched it...), the ESP gets turned off again. Who the heck was that idiot who did this programming? Smiley 

Funny: When I told the manager of my dealership, who has participated in many R8 driving events, incl. some R8 meets with engineers from Audi Sport, he is also often on the track on weekends in a R8, that you can actually drive the Performance modes with ESP turned on, he was baffled. He didn't know that either.

i like cars that have a WET mode, it makes a lot of sense for street driving. miss it on the RS. i never feel comfy when it rains....