MKSGR:
Porker:
RC:
MKSGR:

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/nissan-gt-r-track-edition-audi-r8-v10-plus-porsche-911-turbo-s-test-11740397.html

Nice video and track test - the turbo s always delivers Smiley

Would be interesting to see what happens when the car uses the Corsa tires that can be ordered officially now...

I saw this test but like always...a bit different than reality. Smiley Apparently Audi doesn't care about the press and it shows... Smiley

Presumably Auto Bild didn't know which buttons to push on the R8? Smiley

Smiley Honestly, I think the problem is that the setup of the R8 is kind of tricky, Audi just did not get it right. RC also confirms this with his reports on how sensitive the car behaves and how to adjust ESP etc. to get it into an acceptable performance mode. 

I do not know. Yes, the setup requires a little bit of experimenting (due to the lack of a proper manual on Audi's side, which is not understandable on such a car) but usually, when car magazines get test cars, they also get some sort of "instruction" how to use that particular car (especially when we are talking super sportscars) on the track, on the road and so on to achieve best times. Also, it is no secret that many press cars have "healthy" engines Smiley and have a very good alignment setup, often at the more extreme limit of what is usual). With the R8, it seems Audi gives car journalists the key and they're done. Smiley The car Sportauto had for testing for their Supertest even had a miraculous power loss. 

Ask people on tracks where new R8 are driving around how fast these puppies are and you'd be surprised. We are not talking straight line only and many R8 are driving on road tires or those crappy Cup 2 with Audi rating (optimized for wet pavement, not track).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)