Quote:

First, I don't know EVO or Todd too well, so please don't get me wrong. EVO may be a great Tuner and Todd may be a wonderful enthusiast, I can't say it because I simply don't know.
Second, european Tuners don't get involved in internet "chatting", simply because they're small, occupied with work and to be honest, I can see Reinhold Schmirler (RS-Tuning) crawling under a Turbo but not posting on the internet.
It is all about marketing and advertising, J. and I hope you're not THAT naive to believe that everything what you read about certain products on the internet is true.

Thank God I'm not THAT naife, otherwise I would think that you are the "Porsche Guru" of the internet

Yes, there's alot of marketing and big strategy on these foruns in orther to get as many clients as possible, but I was not refering to marketing, I was refering to the risk you take by exposing yourself this way on the internet. One thing is simply advertising in a banner, another is to participate in foruns and giving your own opionion about your product. You may sell alot, but you may be in big trouble if something goes wrong, all comunity will read client or clients complains and your busines will go down the toilet.

There are German tuners making horrendus work in Porsche cars, I've seen it with my own eyes back in 2000. Gunther Mandle (great guy) one the most famous German ECU Guru and know to be the best to work on Porsche, made some cheap work on the passed too, and he already worked for many tuners like Sportec, TTP, Gemballa and many American tuners so, I'm not talk about the regular Jo down the road, I'm talking about those who regulary apppear with the most expensive kits in most famous German magazines like Sport Auto or AMS. Their cars are tested and get highest rates from those mags, that's why I don't believe anymore in most car magazines, they are sponsored by many tuners who pay big money to put their ads over there.
If tuner B gives a 600Hp Porsche car to Sport Auto for a major test and the engine blows on the second day, I believe nobody will know that, Sport Auto wont publish this kind of stuff, it will hurt both business and nobody would win anything.
It's all a matter of interest between parts, and I have to say that in this regard, Renntam is indeed unique, it has is own rules that can't be contaminated by this kind of interests

J.Seven