Active suspensions? either Porsche has struck a MAYOR advancement in active suspension systems or its not what I was expecting. To my knowledge active suspensions were abandoned in true street sportcars (Lotus, Ferrari, Maseratit, etc) by the early 90's because they just weren't good enough sport performance wise compared to the traditional suspensions (in high cost & maintenance race cars such as F1 was another matter) and now only used by brands such a Citroen in their "activa" or by large heavy sedans to control body roll such as MB and BMW in their largest models.

Nevertheless if Porsche is using it, I have absolute confidence it means they have made it work, but I am expecting a healthy pricetag, those things when deveopled for sportcar perfromance aren't cheap, so Euro 15k over the base 997C2 is quite a bargain since you get also a few more HP's, 19" wheels and other stuff (unless the 997C2 pricetag is increased greatly over the 996C2). I think there is a tunner that was developing one for the 996TT already.

Do you know if it controls both spring and dampening rates? do you have any more info on the system?

BTW the engine is confirmed then to be based on the current 3.6L 320HP M96.03 engine?

I was saving up for a 997S ever since the first rumors about it came out long ago but I'm not convinced yet, I have to see behond paper specs.