996FourEss:

Porsche needs to shoe-horn their V8 into the Macan el pronto.... if MB can do it, can't imagine it is an impossible task, but they need the bragging rights as this MB engine outguns the Macan Turbo performance pack pretty comprehensively it would seem....

I fully agree. Porsche was, according to rumors, working on a small V8 (which also incl. a possible install in the Macan) but at some point, I haven't heard anything anymore.

In my opinion, the GLC 63 S AMG is the most desirable "small" SUV right now. This thing probably outruns the next gen Cayenne Turbo and the whole package is around 105k if you choose the "necessary" options. Considering the fact that Mercedes dealers are generous with rebates and considering interesting lease offers, I think that the GLC will be a bestseller, at least in Germany. It is stealth, it sounds amazing (we "met" a GLC 63 mule without the new grille on the Italian Autostrada almost two weeks ago, license plate A-SP...) and when it passed us, the V8 sound was so nice...not much (if any) difference to the AMG GT models. 

I am pretty sure that I can pick up a slightly used dealer car with very little mileage at around 90k at some point, so this could be our next family SUV...or daily driver or whatever.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)