Quote:
hinckley said:
Carlos:

As a current 996 Targa owner and a future 997 Targa owner, I'm very jealous. Your car is beautiful.

I do have a couple of questions, though.

Is that the standard shifter, or is it the aluminium one? (sorry, my German isn't good enough to understand your options post)

Also, how does the roof and shade mechanism work? I know that the button is now located on the rear console, but does the single button control both the roof and the shade? Also, is there now a one-touch open/close function like the windows, or do you have to hold the button as the roof is opening and closing?

Viel danken.

I'm not Carlos, but I believe I can answer your questions.

1) The Aluminium shifter is an Exclusive option. It is different from the regular optional shifter. I believe it's genuine aluminium, instead of alu-colored plastic.

2) The shade and roof are operated with a single button. Press it, and the shade starts rolling back. Press it longer, and the roof starts opening after the shade is gone.
From that, I'd gather you have to hold down the button until the roof is completely down. (I haven't tested myself, though, so I'll wait for Carlos to return and correct me ).