Quote:
355Spider said:
Quote:
Henjie said:
Quote:
355Spider said:

If you really think that a car that has just done 0-180 in 27.9 seconds will take another 13.9 seconds(=41.8 AMS#) to go the remaining 6.4mph you deserve to lose your money. Especially when that same car did the previous 10 seconds in 4.4 seconds.

Come on man. Do you honestly believe that the C6 Z06 is faster than the Carrera GT AND the SLR from 0-300kph? The Z06 is hella good, but it's not that good.

I know you got a 27.9s 0-180mph time using your Passport GT2, but there are far better ways to accurately measure your car's performance (in comes GPS).

Check out this test of a G-Tech Pro: Testing the G-Tech Pro. Scroll down to the part where they discuss accuracy and consistency and you'll see the inherent weakness of motion-based accelerometers.

How did my cars timer register the same time as the GT2? I hit the button on start and finish myself. Are they both off 10+ seconds? Is that what you are saying?

Hmmm. So you're saying that you operated your car's timer on your own. Where is this? On the airstrip or on the NHRA track where your Passport GT2 was calibrated? What timer are we talking about? Handheld stopwatch or something else?

And when you say you "hit the button on start and finish" yourself, what does it mean, and where did this happen? 1/4 mile track or the airstrip where you did your 0-180mph run? How sure are you that you hit the stop button exactly at the 1/4 mile line or exactly when you hit 180mph, or even hit the start button at the exact same time forward motion occurred? And how did you know that you're exactly at 180mph? Using your car's speedo? Is a Z06's speedo 100% accurate (most car's aren't so I doubt it). There's too much factors involved, more than enough to get skewed readings.

If you're trying to prove your Passport GT2's accuracy by stating that you got the exact same time from a manually-operated timer, then you prove nothing. I dare say that it even proves your Passport GT2's inaccuracy.