Carlos, you know how I pounce on Mercedes bashers... ...

Thank YOU for your info, regarding downforce et al. I now appreciate and understand a lot more thanks to your insights, and other members you know who you are if you have insulted Mercedes in threads, and I've come to the party

I understand your point but weight is weight, the 2200kgs is a disability. All I ask is that you appreciate the technology thats gone behind the SLR.

Its like me a Porsche virgin, who comes to into a Gt3RS thread and says whats the point of making the GT2 when the Gt3 and RS models are superior in some ways..

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=996&Number=24670&Forum=f20&Words=bilal&Searchpage=0&Limit=25456&Main=24611&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post24670

Maybe if I said, whats the point of an RUF RTurbo or tuned top 800hp Gt2 for 150K, when you can have CGT?

like that no?

Then you guys will say yeah but LM development work, LM V10, carbon fibre, Rohrl input etc. etc.

Can you understand where I come from when I defend the SLR against other Mercedes? Not to mention naively and plain stupidly against other supercars...?