Quote:
WetTT said:
Although I have a stupid grin almost every time I start my baby, I have picked a few subtle irritants...
1) Center armrest feels too low for me - and I'm by no means really tall - 6.0'.
2) No BlueTooth - c'mon - my IS has it standard...I see this as a safety feature, especially driving a stick shift...
3) Security system does not beep when locking/unlocking...
4) Mistakedly opened trunk with remote a few times already.
5) One would hope to have adaptive xenons at +-$140k.
6) No LED tail lights/signals...
7) No touch screen nav...

Please don't get me wrong - I love this car - just pointing out a few things that I would prefer...

1. center armrest too low? You're really "resting" your arm while driving???

2. Bluetooth is nice to have...if you want to hook up your portable phone to the system. Personally, I have a tri-card phone number, meaning that I have three SIM cards using the same number, so one of them is in my PCM system. No need for Bluetooth at all, maybe this is why Porsche never integrated Bluetooth.

3. the security system not beeping when closing the doors actually is something I don't like either. I programmed the system to beep on my Cayenne Turbo but I'm not sure this is possible on the 997 Turbo.

4. the car key design is a design flaw, I wonder why Porsche doesn't change this. Whoever wears tight jeans (I do and my wife too) has serious problems with this key design because as soon as the key is in the pocket, the buttons are pressed accidentally. Porsche seriously needs to fix this.

5. the Xenons are self-levelling. If you're referrin to the "curve light", I can tell you that this really isn't the greatest thing to have. I have it on my Cayenne and I can't tell much difference at night.

6. I already mentioned in my short review that I don't understand either why Porsche doesn't use LED rear lights.
Maybe this is something they want to save up for the facelift.

7. I hate touch screen navs. Have you ever seen how the finger prints look at sunshine on those screens in a car? Horrible. The only thing I'm missing on the PCM system is an iPOD connectivity.