Leawood911:

Europe sounds like a horrible place to drive or own a car.  I need to take a video of the drive to the lake on my Ozark roads.  The are like a roller coaster with no traffic and fewer cops.  Going the speed limit in some turns is insane. Having spent plenty of time in Austria and other part of Europe I know the scenery is not the same but the driving here is excellent.  Not been pulled over in years and no tickets in 30 years and you can assume I take no prisoners when I drive the Turbo. 

I don't think so. If you know where to drive, how to spot speed traps and if you are reasonable (doing 200 kph on a country road is just dumb, not only from a getting caught perspective). To enjoy my car(s) on public roads, I am looking for deserted country roads with free visibility (not a friend of many trees along the road) and many many curves. On some of my favorite routes, it is a challenge to actually hit 100 kph because the straights aren't long enough. Smiley

In Austria, there are some very nice mountain roads you can enjoy. Same thing here, you do not have to break the law (at least not excessively Smiley) to enjoy the drive. 

Autobahn? Autobahn driving is seldom fun for me. Actually only when I am really in a hurry (Autobahn has the benefit of bringing me fast from A to B).

Hit 315 kph on the Autobahn last Saturday (we had around 32°C) when suddenly a warning and a loud sound appeared..."pressure loss in the left front tire". At 315 kph in a curve...real fun. Luckily, everything was OK. Apparently a malfunction of the tire sensor but it scared the sh.t out of me. No, not a fan of the Autobahn. Too stressful. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)