Last weekend I joined a group of friends at Ascari Race Resort (www.ascari.net) for a private event and thanks to Dock here's a short report...

We arrived on Friday evening to Ronda and before having diner at a typical restaurant we checked-in the "Parador". This was the view we found when opening the rooms window...Breathtaking!

The day started early (too early) at 9.00am AT the circuit and after unloading the cars from the truck this the view of the paddock.

While the techs were fitting my kindly offered set of Dunlop slicks I took a walk throught the facility and found this Le Mans series car in pieces.

Please notice my wife's hand size compared to the HUGE carbon rotors...

Well it was time for the Gentlemen to start their engines and this was one of them, Manthey tweaked Mk2 GT3 with BBS ultra lightweight wheels and beautifully driven by its owner, a true gentleman himself.

This was another GT3 very well driven as well.

This LOVELY 964 RS belonging to another Gentleman himself(Dr. MC) was a handfull to drive but very rewarding once you get it right, the extremely heavy steering made me define the experience as making love: you get all sweaty and tired but its so good that makes you want to smoke a cigarette afterwards...

This was a RUF converted 993 TT driven very aggressively by its owner (nicknamed as "Ruf" by the group) whos a lovely chap himself and always with a smile.

The resort had their own instructors and cars like race prepared BMW 325 Ti's, Lotus Elises and these Radicals

They also have this Clubhouse called "El Cortijo" where 'we had our meal and your family can spend the day with a buffet service, swimming pool, etc.

The Ferrari 355 you see in the foto is being converted to a more track oriented car and driving it on the track made me change my mind about the 355. I had driven one like this on the road and I thought it was terrible, driving position, scuttle shake, noise, etc. but driving it on the track made me realize that its exactly where it belongs unlike the 360 and the latest Ferrari's I've driven (excluding the 360 CS Challenge).

There were some other interesting cars such as another 964 RS (Red) belonging to a charming couple (J & A) which I had the pleasure to get to know better that evening during dinner, some 997's with Gen 2 PCCB's hanging in there very well, 996 C4S, a beautiful 993 C4S, etc and 99% of them with racing rubber.
The track itself is very tecnical but very rewarding once you get it right, its got all sorts of turns some of them are exact replicas of some famous turns.
The weekend was great and I must thank once again for the hospitality... (they know who they are).