Quote:
Congaman said:
Crash: So if you know that I started in 2nd gear I can't understand the comment about "professional starts"....it only means that you know that the Z06 can win the races even with a rookie like me behind the wheel. What's your excuse for the Porsche? Not so many kilometers on the odometer, rookie driver, bad weather, biased propaganda test and the list goes on and on and on..... but maybe you are right, it's possible that the Porsche got hit by all those things.....I just have my doubts.

As I said: If you are not happy with the way the test was performed then it's a free world....just set up your own test with your own rules. As long as all the drivers agree to your rules all is fine. Good Luck!!

The "professional starts" comment was poking fun at your expense , as starting from 2nd at 50 km/h isn't the fastest of starts. Sarcasm, what can I say ?

Regarding excuses, I don't make them. However, when you compare two cars INDIRECTLY, through a third car, you can have problems with accuracy.
Personally, I wanted to know whether the Turbo had Sport Chrono on or not (very relevant) and also the amount of kilometres on the odometer. That is relevant because Porsche engines only begin waking up after several thousand, up to ten thousand, actually. I also wanted to know how many km your Corvette had, for simple comparison reasons. The drivers are also a big factor, but claiming that he couldn't drive would be an unfair statement (at least for the 997TT driver ).

According to magazines, the Z06 is a little bit faster than the 997TT, although I'd like to see this test repeated with both cars at 10.000 km (fully broken in). I'd wager they'd be neck and neck, but one cannot tell from a simple video.

And finally, no, I don't believe in weather being the cause, nor do I believe in the Great, Evil Gustav, hell bent on proving Porsche is the worst car company on Earth. I just want objective data, that's all.