Quote:
Fanch said:
Quote:
STRADALE said:
Quote:
SciFrog said:
No, read above posts. The ceramic rotor should be good for the life of the car.

I think this forum is excellent but I'm a little disappointed with the inaccurate information and perpetuation of message board myth regarding this topic. This place should help others make informed decisions. It's a shame.

Stradale
I have experienced the same type of disappointment and desillusion lately. And I think, so has RC and others.
You have to remember that this is the web and a lot of users are young wannabe porsche owners or young teenagers whose father own a sports car.
My point being, take everything you read on the forum with a grain of salt and a lot of wisdom.
End of day, all that matters is your own experience.
As far as I'm concerned, money was not a deciding factor when I bought my car, and frankly, if PCCB and steel brakes were the same price, I can bet you anything you want that anyone would go for PCCB.
Suddenly, you wouldn't hear about those silly rumors such as, not efficient when cold, not efficient when wet, etc.
So quit your PC and go drive.

I think mumbasic's idea of opening an invitation-only forum isn't a bad idea. I wouldn't be able to get into it for another year or two, but heck, the quality of this forum has been dropping steadily with the amount of new members coming here (although some have actually increased the quality, for example Kreso and some others as well) and you guys need to do something about it.