Quote:
STRADALE said:
Quote:
yah said:
[quoteI am not sure but did you ever bought any kind of single replacements from Porsche? The equation is not a simple addition:) You might ask your dealer of choice for a quote on a single rim vs. a complete set with tires...
Do you expect that if the whole PCCB set costs 14k$ you get a single rotor for 2K?

No, but till I get the quotes who knows. Maybe. Besides you'd have to be retarded to pay $18,000 and buy 4 rotors when you could buy rotors, calipers and pads for $13,000.

The info I just got from my dealer was that any failure would be covered under warranty so I'm not sure where you're getting the other part. And he's also yet to hear of a failure so it's again a non issue and just a ridiculous, rhetorical point. Like I said before it would be like someone justifying their decision to buy a regular 997 over a turbo because if the turbo's engine failed in 10 years from now it would cost more to fix. But this exercise was very informative, basically eliminated the very last part of doubt I had about getting PCCB's and would love to hit the Porsche person resposible for the steel brakes in my 997 S cab over the head with a wet nooddle. Over and out.

I always hesitate to comment on these matters of performance as my previous experience was limited to a C4S built 1996 abd therefore not really reflective of orderly advancement... But in this instance comparing big reds to these PCCB's on the Turbo hardly. these brakes are incredible. Now unfortunately I can't say if it lightens the steering compared to a 996tt as I don't have any experience driving one...but as for the 993 C4S the 997 turbo's steering is much lighter. Of the features in my car that I most enjoy the brakes are right up there...and I find I feel the road through the steering wheel much better...atleast thats my experience anyway the brake dust well thats just icing on the cake