Well I have to agree....

I have wanted a 911 turbo from the first time I saw one in 1976. When the time was right to purchase my first 911 I had a choice between the 996TTS and the 997 C2S. For many reasons, the new C2S was far more appealing to me than the 996TT; and that is what I purchased. The plan was to upgrade to the turbo the momment it came out.

Well I have now driven the C2S about 24,000Km and have little desire for the turbo. In day to day driving I never feel power deprived. It can always go faster than what I am driving. When I am in the mountain twisty's the car has more than enough power to accelerate out of a corner. Passing on the highway is easily done with a quick down shift to fourth or third. All in all, on North American roads the C2S is more than enough car for 99.999% of the driving that I do. Sure, there are a few times during the year that I would love to go faster, but there is not enough of them to warrant a turbo. I can find no rational or irrational reason to sell my existing car and move to a turbo.

I could always convince my wife that a turbo is what I want so I am going to buy one; but the new turbo really does not move me enough. Maybe if I lived in Germany the Autobahn would be a good enough reason, but in NA the fact is there is a limit on how fast you can drive without losing your license. With a family and a business I cannot afford to risk it all.

So the turbo order is on hold for now. My C2S is more than enough car for me. Maybe my opinion will change in the future, but for now, I am very happy driving the my 'slow', reliable car.

Maybe we are just getting old!