pmarkow:

here is something for your entertainment:::))) i talked to my PZ today (boss of workshop) and he told me that he has just received an email from PAG regarding new directives on how to deal with oil consumption cases in the 991.1 GT3RS engines. they (PAG) say that everything below 0.8l / 100km is considered normal (no, i did not make a typo with zeros, in words: zero point eight liters per hundred kilometers!!!!!!). furthermore the mail from PAG said 'after 10K km the oil consumption it is to be expected to get somewhat reduced'. this is a - bad - joke. i have not heard of a modern engine with that kind of oil consumption, just impossible. i feel they are taking me for a ride.

I call the bluff. 

Ask him to show you that email.

I just talked to my foreman and he was like WTF. He was like in the most serious RACE condition and it wouldn't even be 0.8L/100km. Nor 1000km.

Spec says 1500km per litre. And that's the worse case scenario where the car is rarely driven, and the engine hasn't has time to properly warm up and expand, and burns oil that way. Well used ones rarely burn any oil.

My RS for the year I had it never needed oil.

My 911R with 4200km on never needed oil, yet. The gauge still reads 3/4 to 1/2 full.

--