IMO, Boxster S. It now has the same engine (3.4L 295bhp) as a Cayman S plus it's a convertible for LESS money. I don't understand Porsche's pricing (since convertibles usually cost more than the coupe) but make the most of it! I think it's the best deal Porsche offers.

If you believe the argument that the Cayman offers a better handling chassis etc because it is stiffer etc, then good luck with that - I just feel that you'll find that the better chassis simply exposes the shortcomings of the Cayman S i.e. that it would be even better with a rear LSD and that it could even do with more power. Me? I still think of the Cayman as a Boxster coupe. OK, it has some minor styling differences, but it's basically a Boxster with a roof. I know Porsche has tried very hard to promote it as a completely separate range but I just don't buy that.

Don't worry about looks and the 'silly' name if you do decide to get a Cayman. If people say stuff like 'Gayman' etc, they're just being childish. The Cayman is an exceptionally good car and doesn't deserve such silly remarks. Looks-wise, it's a pretty car. I first didn't like it when I saw the photos. I actually hated the rear view. However, it's a car that grows on you. I now quite like the Cayman.

With all due respect, you'll enjoy a Boxster S more than a S2000. Japanese cars have their strengths and the S2000 is a great car no doubt BUT Japanese cars just feel very different to a German car particularly a Porsche.

Plus, if you are prepared to spend Cayman S money anyway, why not put the money you save by choosing a Boxster S into some really good options so that you enhance your experience even further.

I would want a convertible if I lived in Florida not just for the Autumn, Winter or Spring but also for night time when it's cooler....great car for cruising at night! Did I say I absolutely adore Miami?!

Anyway, good luck with your decision. I think it boils down to (1) value for money (2) how badly you want a convertible. Like I said, for me, it's a no brainer...Boxster S.