Nice summary, thanks for the long and detailed report.

I would like to add a few thoughts to the discussion about the Turbo's character. Admittedly the car is bloody fast for public streets, not only is it difficult to explore the limit in a safe way in these surroundings, you won't feel completely satisfied as well. As I see it, the Turbo is amongst, if not the, fast GTs to effortlessly travel in style and comfort. Especially the later has been significantly improved over its predecessor, which makes it even more suitable.

The tendency of oversteer might only be obvious at extremely high speeds, which one should regularly obtain in controlled surroundings only, namely racetracks. This setup provides a lot more fun than any other configuration, furthermore it will be faster. It didn't become clear to me, whether your experience of oversteer is a result of shifting the car's weight from rear to front or an obvious handling feature under all circumstances. Maybe you could shed some more light on this.

Regarding the performance, the Turbo should be suitably fast for the majority of old and new customers - that is, until they meet up with an appropriate car from one of the rival brands.

I believe that the GT2 will appear in MY 08, rather than in the corresponding annual date. More than ever before, the GT2 could become an interesting addition to Porsche's lineup, rather than a niche product as the aircooled GT2s had been.