Quote:
Dan L said:
Let me see if I have this right. If I select my "Sport" button (which clears the throat of my PSE cab and revises the acceleration mapping) can this rewiring allow me to keep the remapping but quiet the exhaust?
There are times that I like the sound but not always,--but I always want the aggressive mapping!

Dan

It can be done .
The way the PSE works is as follows:
1. Both mufflers have bypass pipes with a vac. operated damper in each.
2. When the dampers are closed, the exhaust goes thru the entire muffler , when open, the exhaust exits from the first chamber ( the mufflers have three chambers in them . You should also get more power in bypass mode although Porsche does not make any claims )
3. The exh. pipe dampers are NORMALLY OPEN and only close when the vacuum line is opened. An electrically activated solenoid valve , controlled by the Sport Chrono or it's own switch (the one with the dual exh. pipe symbol on it )
either opens or closes the vacuum pipe to the dampers.
4. The solenoid valve is NORMALLY CLOSED. That means, if you disconnect the electric plug to it (that's the brown/orange plug in the engine compartment) it closes and does not allow the vacuum to close the exhaust dampers.
( this is the easy mod. if you just want the PSE on all the time )

If you DO NOT have the Sport Chrono, all you need do is install an on-off switch interrupting the 12V to the solenoid valve.
a) Switch open = no 12 V to solenoid, PSE on loud
(Irrespective of factory switch position )
b. Switch closed = PSE works exactly per factory switch .

If you DO have the CHRONO, you can do the same as above , but you will NOT be able to go to QUIET with Chrono ON( because QUIET requires a 12 V signal to close the solenoid )
If you want ALL options, you need to install a DPDT switch and connect an alternate 12V power source to it in order to be able to close the solenoid i.e. PSE quiet(You can just tap into the cigarette lighter 12V wire near the ashtray, or wherever you chose to locate the switch )

Have fun.