Quote:
danny911 said:
I have a friend that is considering buying a Porsche. Here is his dilemma. Does he buy an older 911 mostly for track use so insurance is not so much? Or does he buy a new or near new 911 and track it once in a while, but use it around town a lot? The decicsion is going to be based heavily on the cost of insurance. He is not the type of guy that will drive the loder one around town a lot, and will probably track either one about the same amount. If insurance cost way too much, he will opt out for the older one. If the insurance is reasonable, he will get the newer one, and track it with the insurance in place.

Does anyone know where to get the track insurance? We are in Los Angeles. Does anyone have any ides or suggestions? Any input would help. Thanks!

I recommend an older car that is not so valuable that he couldn't financially survive a total loss. Track insurance is VERY expensive. With an older car, one can buy Collector Car insurance which is VERY inexpensive (does not officially cover track damage, but I think only timed events or racing is excluded).

With a newer car, warranty will be voided by track use, insurance is much more, and a total loss could be financially devastating.