Quote:
SoCalHoosier said:
Quote:
atomic80 said:
Nick,

One thing I don't get about you is..if you don't think the 997TT or 996TT is for you then why do you bother posting in these forums? I love Ferraris but I also love Porsches too so I'd be posting about either cars but from what I've seen of your posts, you seem very negative about P-cars. I'm just very confused about what your motivations are.

I believe Nick's reason is the same as mine... which is hoping that enough potential buyers will agree (with our opinion) that Porsche will have to do something about it in the near future. If you haven't noticed, Porsche seems to be gouging its customers but is being overtaken in the performance department. Not exactly something to be happy to look forward to in the near future.

I marginally agree. Nick's voice is mostly quite irritating, but it can be poingant, especially when homerism/groupthink seems to set in.
I think the most pertinent example would be the z06 bashing before the 997TT came out. The board seemed to swerve towards blind faith for Porsche. I too was a huge Porsche fanatic in my yesteryears, but certain profit gouging motives have really irritated me and, in my opinion, tarnished the reputation of the car (most notably the lack of sunroof delete for 997 GT3s).

Nevertheless, for the most part his motivation is very naieve, his logic is confoundingly poor (comming from someone who is dredging through hours of LSAT work) but his humor is sometimes lively