You got better with your G's , but were you not better with the Rs ? indecision

Interesting  you are saying this about PDK vs manual .

Lately I was completely fed up with PDK on my RS ( only driving on public roads and found it too boring  ) . I had my mind set that my next GT car will be manual .

Wednesday I did my first track day of the season . I drove my RS PDK ( which I drive only in manual )   and my brother's GT4 real  manual . As you said, after a few laps with the manual , I felt it had not it's place on a track . At least not for what I am looking for on the track . The RS has a limit that is so high that already trying to take the car to where it is possible to go with PDK is challenging enough , fun, and fast .  With the GT4 in manual it felt more like an ' old timer ' drive  and that the box was actually  just keeping the car back from it's possibilities . You need to have it  exactly right all the time, otherwise you loose way too much time .

Speaking with my brother , who races in the Cup championship since about 10 years, he also felt that on the track, he would not have anything else then PDK .

Driving back home ( 2.5h ) I took the GT4 through  the country roads . There the manual was wonderfully entertaining . It has it place for spirited drives on open roads .

My mind is now back on PDK for my next GT car , as I use it mainly to do track days . To do spirited drives I am looking at the Carrera 2.7( pure mechanical from A to Z )   which is still under project . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS