Quote:
KresoF1 said:
OK... I somehow do not understand why people want V12 TDI in true sportscar like R8??!!
Ladies and Gents, this 6.0L V12 TDI weights almost 300kg!! Despite huge power and torque revs only uo to 4500rpm... And this torque mean that automatic gearbox is A MUST HERE.

If Audi put V12 TDI(and I really hope NOT!) in R8 this car will weight almost 1850kg... Weight distribution will not be 45% front/55% rear but, 30% front/70% rear! Definitely not very good thing for mid-engined sportscar.
I am very suprised that all this "so called" Sportscars fans are raving about diesel engine. Did any of you had a chance to drive good diesel car like BMW 535d or Audi A8 4.2TDI? If not, hurry up and do so.
Despite Audi's recent Diesel involvement in Car racing with diesel car, there are NO current plans for V12 TDI in R8 sportscar.
In fact Q7 is the ONLY Audi car in current production line that has big enough engine bay for this monster V12 TDI...
With lot of modification apparently as well!

Did not mean to get you upset, just saw this article. We all know that car companys put out dis-information to lead journalists astray. I suspect you are right KresoF1 about the R8, but you can see where people get miss lead. Sometimes the CEO won't answer a question because it is so off track, but the journalist will run with it saying that the CEO is hinting and is tight lipped. Well, I think that the CEO was squinting and struggling not to say a smart remark back to the journalist. Two total different meanings.