Quote:
993S said:
Quote:
thegratingone said:
So, in the event I can't get the short-shifter, how bad is that? How important was the option?

I have the Turbo on order , am middle aged but like a sporty car so I initially ordered the car with SS. After my order I had the opportunity to test drive the Turbo with SS , I had the car for 3 hours. When I returned the car I canceled the SS option. It is really uncomfortable and not fitting the car. The feel of the gearchange must go with the feel of the clutch IMO. This is not the case with the SS. Clutch is extremely light and SS is extremely heavy/notchy.
Also know that the standard shifter is more than short enough. So it comes down to either short shifting with comfort and ease (standard) or extreme short shifting with no comfort and very tiresome in traffic. This is my personal view.

There must be something wrong with the short shifter that you used. I agree that it's notchy when cold but it is as smooth as a hot knife through butter after a few minutes. Since I had the short shifter retrofitted, I had about 6 months with the standard shifter and I would not go back.