Quote:
Scotty A said:
Love the 72 Cutlass Supreme ... I would have killed for one in the 70s. I was driving a 70 Plymouth Duster, no carpet, no AC, aftermarket am/fm radio, three speed (with a syncronized 1st gear!), 225 ci Slant Six, vinyl roof, and rust holes in both rear quarter panels. You put something in the trunk and it fell out onto the ground.

Of course, it was an uptick from my '61 Plymouth with the push button 2-speed automatic transmission, 7 cylindars (one spark plug had blown out and I never got around to replacing it), broken left rear leaf spring (got the ladies sitting right next to me! they just slid over on the seat), and front right wheel held by only 3 lugs. And since the suspension and wheels were a bit shakey, I installed seatbelts in the front by pounding a hole in the floor board and bolting some belts directly to the floor pan. Good thing it was only a 7 cyl, I couldn't actually go very fast.

LOL!!!! Wow, you cut your teeth on some fine machinery... That's how you REALLY learn how to drive.... If you can keep an old jalopy pseudo-shiny-side-up through your formative years, you can handle ANYTHING at speed.