Let me rephrase this, I didn't like the hp figure I read which was "500", but now I understand that this may change? Either way I think the E60 M5 will still end up in my driveway sometime next year.

It's my fault that Im dissapointed in the HP figure, I bought into the hype. 0 - 125 in 13 seconds is great!!! But how often living here in the U.S. will I be able to experience that??? Not often, especially not in SoCal. But none the less it's great for trash talking. If I lived in Deutschland I could probably enjoy this on somewhat of a daily basis, but thats just not something even worth thinking about( ) I didn't like the looks at first either, but within a matter of days it grew on me, and now, I LUV IT!

Sure MB will attack with 540 - 560 hp, but the question is, this time around will their cars be able to handle it. Shoe horning a big bore V-8 with an ish load of hp isn't going to cut it . They need to work more on precise steering, and better pedal feel when braking(so you don't feel like your stepping on wood). Not that any of us will ever push an AMG Benz to this extent, but without all the fine electronics that overwhelm MB cars (Bimmers too)the E55 is simply lost. BMW M on the other hand takes plenty of time developing(more like an extra 2 years after core model line up is launched) their cars to make sure that they have precise handaling and fine chassis tuning to keep up with the very best. Maybe Im biased, but I think if you do your research you just might come to the same conclusion. Maybe it just bugs me how many Benz AMG's I see on a daily basis, or maybe the fact that their engines are so redundant- it just seems so easy to take one powerful engine and stick it into a whole family of cars that all wear the same badge and call them super "stars".