This weekend sucked!

On the way home from a pleasant evening circuit, I stop at a local gas station to top off the tank. I exit the station onto the westerly highway service road towards a four-way intersection. The westbound light is green (had been for at least 3-seconds) and I note all southbound traffic is stopped at the light. As I proceed through the intersection under a solid green, I catch a flash of red screaming from the left heading northbound.

I slam my brakes in time to avoid being broadsided, but as my car dives it smashes the sedan in its side; flipping it onto its roof. The sedan slides to a stop just in front of the sitting southbound traffic.

The other driver appeared to be ok, though in histerics. Her companion was in better condition but still disoriented. Thankfully, police and medics arrived within 5-minutes to secure the scene and assess injuries. The other driver was stabilized and taken to hospital for tests.

The investigating officer says his accident report will reflect I had the right of way, but it is small comfort when I look at my car.

Many of you know the agony I went through waiting for Factory Delivery in April, then final U.S. delivery in July. Some of you shared the bliss of a beautiful Hamptons Summer drive. Now my dream car is smashed because of someone elses irresponsibility.

I'm glad everyone left the scene relatively unharmed, because it could have been a lot worse. I suffered some minor cuts and burns from the airbag deployment. I may go to my doctor just to be certain that's all. Hopefully insurance and autobody work will salvage the car, but everything is different now.

Be careful out there. Drive as if others haven't a clue, because the reality is most don't.