On an older 911 I used to own I did not like the audio system. This was preMOST and before glass links.... Any way, I spent a lot on money on a high end system with a new head unit,amps and speakers. In the end it sounded just OK. You know it is hard to make the small, irregular interior of a car sound good. The sytem has to be able to adjust to open windows, different sun roof positions, and road noise. Even when you test speakers for cars in an open room it is NOT at all like a car. You would be better of testing car speaker in your closet with wall of hard glass and a rack of clothes as it is closer to the acoustics of your car. I have spent a ton of money on home audio. $10,000 amplifier and the whole bit. The sound is beyound logic.The truth is when can spend more money and buy equipment that is better than I am capable of hearing. My ears are good, but they ae not great. I could have spent alot less and been happy. This is was all about houses and rooms where the variables can be more easily controlled. Car are VERY difficult to control the audio varibles. I bought the Bose system as I felt the increase in price bought a little better system. To get alot better you are going to have spend alot of money and only end up with a slightly better system. Another problem with high end car audio stores is that the young sales people think more about gismos and gadgets. They LOVE unrealistic over bassed systems. The goal of audio systems should realistice imaging of the performace as it was recorded and interpolated into the enviroment of your car. Some high end audio dealers do not understand this and are still only selling stuff to put into your car. They think quality is deep bass and suuuuubbbbbbbb woofers rather than the the imaging of the human voice on a little bell dinging. So in the end its a SPORTS car and not an audio studio. Pick a price of how much you want to spend to get what you want and stick to it. Audio is not linear. If you double your price the quality of the sound may go up only 5%. If you spend too much and the sound it only Blah, then maybe that BOSE (Bring your Own Sound System) is not so bad for what you get for $1200 extra.