Whoopsy:
Herbaliser:

On country roads the 812 would never give you enough confidence with it's traction issues. It won't break, steer, change direction as precisely as a proper mid-engine supercar. That's what I mean by performance. After the 488 the Autobahn acceleration is a closed chapter for me. I finally reached the level where "it's enough". I am not so crazy to chase other 700hp car.

The comfort levels of the 488 or the 720S are amazing. So why chose the 812 unless you have other priorities? Better investment, engine sound, softer ride... All that has nothing to do with performance.

For most customers and drivers, they WILL go faster on country roads in a 812 than a 720S no matter how much aster a 720S will be.

A 812 is a classic front engine rear drive car, the handling characteristics is the simplest to master, even if it has traction issues and the rear steps out, it will be extremely easy to catch.

720S, or any other mid engine cars for that matters, will catch a lot of drivers by surprise. The inherit willingness to rotate means they are much harder to push, and if they step out it will catch a lot of people out. Most will actually crashed out before finishing the road. 

911s, modern ones that had the tail tamed, are also extremely forgiving and easy to drive fast. and the tail rotate so slowly that even if it steps out, there are plenty of time to catch it back.

The interior of the 720S is just super nice, McLaren finally have a nice interior to be proud of. That's space age compared with the old looking 812 interior that's for sure.

I am not fully convinced - just look at the F12 TdF, for example...