These shenanigans are basically equal to active cheating on customers and I blame the tire manufacturers for that. I get it, they are under pressure from car manufacturers but this is not right. 

If I can configure a PZero or Cup 2 in 10 different setups (compound, tread pattern, etc.), this is insane (and dangerous, just imagine those idiots using OEM rated tires on different car brands). 

From a discussion in an Audi forum, I noticed that many Audi R8 (first gen) drivers are using Porsche N-rated tires because they think they are better than the Audi rated R0 tires. mail Yeah...makes sense...tires for a RWD car with a heavy weight ratio setup in the rear (engine 911) on a mid engined car. What can go wrong?! 

Tire and car manufacturers need to stop this nonsense.

Also, the Cup 2 for the R8 is a joke. This is no real semi-slick. It works for a round or two and then it starts degrading fast (unlike other Cup 2 versions). So what is it useful for? Smiley Why not offer the Trofeo R for the R8, it is available for the Huracan. Or the new Corsa? Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)