Unless he is fairly serious about tracking the car, the TT will likely be the better choice. The GT3's stiffer suspension can get a bit tiring, but if he is a real enthusiast, he might not mind it. For me the bigger drawback is the need to rev the GT3 fairly high in order to appreciate fully its performance. The TT delivers lots of punch from 2000RPM and on. In daily driving its much more pleasant to have lots of torque available nearly all the time and not need to wind out the engine to make the car perform. On a track where you are constantly trying to keep the revs up and push the car to the max this is not an issue--around town you start to feel like a jerk driving that way.

On the PCCB issue, I would go for them. I have found their feel and responsiveess to be a noticeable improvement over the steel brakes that I had on my 996tt and 997S. I test drove a 997TT with the steel brakes and found them fine but the PCCBs on my 997TT are crisper. I also think the lower unsprung weight does make a difference in handling/steering feel. Its also nice to not have to deal with brake dust

RC is right, the GT3 is a good value given its performance. It is a good choice if it is not your daily driver but more of a weekend, "special drives" trackday kind of car. It doesn't work for me because I use the 997TT as a DD and will be putting over 12K miles on each year in a wide range of conditions. The 997TT offers a terrificly flexible approach--its ready to offer crisp sports car performance when needed and, if your leave the sport button disengaged, its fairly GT like and comfortable. I often find myself switching between the two modes on a single trip. When the road opens up or gets twisty, push sport, when you are in residential areas or bumpy patches leave it off. No other car I know of offers that. What it means for the driver is that you always have the an optimal driving experience available. To me, that makes the "premium" worth it:!