Devo- sorry if I offended you with my subjective justification for my car choices. I'm not trying to be nberry here; just expressing how I rationalized my change of heart not getting the turbo. My wife says I can rationalize any car purchase I want and change my mind soon after... I'm happy for you, your trade in and new turbo and didn't intend to sound so negative. After all, my post reply was on the 997 not 997 turbo board. Ideally, if I could afford it I would love the M5 and 997 turbo and I'm sure I would be extolling all the wonderfull virtues of each to share with fellow enthusiasts. I have owned 5 new 911's in 10 years and traded in the 996 turbo for the 997S launch car. I have always paid MSRP, never more, sometimes a little less. As much as I love new Porsches, I'm tired of trading or selling them at the peak depreciation. The turbo is was getting was $128k plus the pccbs (since I like the so much on the 997S, add the sport chrono, a couple extra leather touches, gas guzzler and sales tax and it was close to $150. You must have traded your 997 at a better time because we checked Manheim and local inventory and the 05 launch cars were going for $73-75K and a dealer in VA has had one for a month now and not sold. As much as I would still like the turbo and may still end up with one, I'm frustraded by the ever increasing cops on the road and I know I would end up pushing my luck with the extra turbo's power. Not to offend anyone but I personally don't think the turbo looks exotic- just too many 911's on the road now. It's performance is certainly exotic. I personally like the stealth looks of the (Pontiac) M5 (still think it's kinda ugly) and classic looks of the 911 and honestly prefer them over the Ferrari. I can drive either to work and not get any grief from my patients. Enjoy your car in good health and don't take offense to anyone else's opinions. I think we are all very fortunate to drive such incredible vehicles and what fun would it be if we all liked the exactly same things.