Quote:
twinturbo001 said:
Quote:
355Spider said:
Quote:
Teva said:
Quote:
twinturbo001 said:
Looks like the new TT Smokes the Z06(Car and Driver) from 0-100 which is the only test I am concerned with. Its a half a second faster 0-100. In the quarter there even at 11.7, but the Z06 needs to reach 120 MPH to catch up. The TT is also faster 0-60. Anything over 120 isn't realistic and doesn't meant [censored] to me. So I am very pleased with the Numbers and we finally see real #'s. and the 30-50 and 50-70 times are embarrassing for the Z06, the TT walks on it.

Hello,

I don't want to add any comment about TT vs Z06 discussion but just add one precision about what you wrote :
30-50 mph and 50-70 mph top-gear acceleration is not
a fair test for Z06 : just read the spec datasheet.
Final gear in z06 is rated at 44.9 pmh for 1000 rpm !
this is the famous "gas guzzler" gear...
in the TT it is 28 mph at 1000rpm in 6th gear.

So we have :

30-50 mph
Z06 comes from 668 rpm (!!) to 1100 rpm
TT comes from 1070 rpm to 2200 rpm

50-70 mph
Z06 comes from 1100 rpm up to 1560 rpm
TT comes from 2200 rpm up to 3070 rpm (right in TT best torque zone).

This explains the massive time difference between two cars.

Same test in 2nd or 3rd gear would have been much more interesting. So please be fair in you comments.

Regards.

Yeah that's the dumbest test of a cars performance and if someone quotes that for their argument they don't know much about cars. I mean who cruises at 30 in 6th gear. Who came up with that test and what the heck is it trying to simulate? And when any car that's an automatic is tested they all look faster than the 5 speeds. Your average minivan with an auto will go faster 30-50 that a TT because it downshifts.

Once again you missed my point. I know alot about cars but this is the test I am most interested in(0-100). You may concern your self with the B.S. "Ring"(A place where you will never race or anyone else on this forum for that matter). I am concerned with the 0-100 and this is my post if you "gauge" cars differently then start your own post. But again the TT wins this category.

And according to R&T, the Z06 beats the TT 0-100 by 0.6 seconds. So as I already said, on any given day, either car could come out the victor. If you're going to go around telling everyone you have the faster car based on one car magazine test, then with all due respect, you're a fool.

Yeah it just depends on who did the test and what the surface was like. I'm sure if you raced them, half the time the Z would win and half the time the TT would win. That's why some mags are getting faster times for the Z and others are getting faster times for the TT. 0-100 these days is still a fairly small measurement. It doesn't really show a cars true accelerative capabilities. 0-125 is a little better and 0-150 is even better. Gives you more of an idea of how it feels when the car accelerates.

When I went to the track friday night in my Z I raced a 70s stang with 15 inch slicks. He ran a 10.3@122. I ran an 11.9@122. He smoked me in the first 300ft but after that the cars accelerated exactly the same. Our times were equal after 300ft. So which car is faster? Just depends on what speed you run from.