Quote:
devo said:
Quote:
nberry said:
Quote:
Joost said:
LOL, it says that it is a negative point that you could mistake the 997 turbo for a standard Carrera... how dumb can one be?
1: The only ones making that mistake are people with no knowledge whatsoever of supercars... I don't value their opinions
2: I actually find it a pré that is not so flashy... in the end, YOU as an owner know what you drive and what it is capable off... if you drive a car to impress the neighbors... pitty you, you need counselling.
-Joost-

Joost, here in the US it is a valid criticism. Only knowledgeable car people can distinguish between Porsche's. The other day I witnessed a situation where a 997S was parked next to a 987 and the two owners were talking. A person walked up to them and commented about one as a convertible and the other a coupe. He then asked " what model year are they and which one is faster." I don't believe the 997S owner was very happy.

BTW the 3.5 sec 0-60 for the 430 probably was a time from a Euro model with launch control. I very much doubt the US models would do that well without LC.

Nick,
Some people can't tell the difference between a $1.00 cup of coffee and a $4.00 STARBUCKS latte, but that shouldn't bother you.

Otherwise Starbucks would be a huge success