Unfortunately I don't understand where the direction of these repeated TT/Z/430 variant posts is? What are we trying to accomplish by berating all of these cars?

This is symptomatic of internet/forum culture. It is as if we were a group of sophists discussing the nature of the elements and our endeavors would realize some truth?

Unfortunately, all of our quibbing online doesn't change the nature of these cars. It really only reflects our fanaticism, especially when these posts get nasty and filled with false hubris and contempt. The only thing that does effect the nature of these car companies is sales.

If you're not happy with the new TT, go to your dealer and tell him, "I don't want to buy it because I'm afraid of getting smoked by a Z06." Fair enough, they just lost a valued customer. But your dealer just might let you in on a little kernel of knowledge:

The days of a company such as Porsche, creating an overwhelming and dominant group class competitor such as the Turbo of yore (993TT) are over. It simply isn't possible to do economically in the competitive field of the world for a variety of reasons (globalized technology, market forces, long term profitability prognostication).

Furthermore, the group that we on the internet just fabricated to create comparisons (F430/TT/Z) is completely erroneous. It might hold conversation on the net, but on the road it is rarely held up.