Quote:
355Spider said:
Quote:
Crash said:
Quote:
nberry said:
Quote:
AmirGT2 said:
AAh, come on. I'm probably one of the biggest Porsche and Ferrari fans in the world but please give credit where credit is due. The Z06 is one hell of a performance buy and the best bang for the buck. If either of those other cars put out the numbers that the Z06 did we'd all be saying that it's Porsche or Ferrari Engineering.

Kudos to Chevrolet for a job well done.

Amir

Amir I second your thoughts. It is my hope that European car manufacturers get a wake up call regarding pricing of their high Perf. sport cars and that includes Ferrari.

However as long as Porsche can make record profits doing what they are doing, why change? I can't blame them.

Gotta agree with you on that one. Lucky for you, the new Ferrari comes in 2008 and the Turbo will soon get the powerkit.

And by then the 2800Lb 650hp Vette will be oout. The race just never ends.

I would have serious concerns about safety in that car. It will most probably be totally stripped and not really suitable for the road, at least not for longer trips, like the 997TT is. Would make an interesting coffin, though .

Crash....ANYTIME ANYONE has something nice to say about the Z06, no matter what the subject matter of the post may be, you are always there to say something negative. You have serious safety concerns about the next high peerformance Vette? Are you an automotive engineer??? Do you ever have a clue as to what you are saying? Whether we like them or not, the Porsche Turbo has many wonderful qualities.
So does the Corvette. If you don't like the Vette...thats fine. But just once can you not bloviate your negativity....or are you just a total jerk?

Ronnie, you're the one bloviating your "the Corvette is superior to all" attitude. Yes, I would be concerned about the safety of the car. 700 horsepower in a front-engined, RWD car, built out of plastic, just seems like a fatal accident, waiting to happen, at least for street use. Now, granted, it will blow the CGT away, at least in the straight line, as C4S already mentioned and will be an incredible performance bargain, but I wouldn't stake my life on that car holding up when I crash. These are legitimate concerns and if you'd read my post you'd know that I welcome stiff competition for european brands (makes them work harder and introduce better models). It just seems to me that it is a bad idea for a street car. I might think differently once it's out and ptoven to handle safely and withstand all crash forces, but until then, I'm going to play Devil's advocate.