Quote:
997GT3RS said:
Quote:
BC911J said:
Quote:
997GT3RS said:
Quote:
BC911J said:
997 GT3 is a far superior car than F360.... Even 996 GT3 was better than the 'normal' Ferrari 360 so you get what I'm saying ....

I know what you mean...

I am afraid if I order a new GT3 next year, the next one mk2 with 3.8l will out very soon, lets say 1-2 years?

You're right but I was in the same situation you are in. I was going to get a Carrera S, but then test drove a GT3 and decided on that. Then I thought I should wait for a 997 GT3 instead. But the thing is when I get a 997 GT3, the MKII of that will come out and I'll wanna upgrade to that again. So I just went and got the 996 MKII...It's gonna be like that and yes, it will hurt resale value of the current GT3 when the next one comes out, but what can you do???

I waited almost a full year for a cellphone 'cause everytime I decided on one, a better one was introduced. Just get the car you want now...

Yes, I want the 997 GT3 now! But do you think it is over priced?

And why you brought the 996 mk2 instead of the 997 GT3?

Mainly cause I didnt want to wait long for the car. I doubt I'll ever buy a New Porsche cause of the long wait and the fact that you lose all that value just by driving it iff the showroom floor, so if I had to opt for a 997GT3, I'd wait untill I can get my hands on a used one and that would take toooooooo long... I'm 21 and dont have that much patience
Besides, my GT3 is still good enough for me as its till one of the faster cars around a track... I'm beating guys in their F430's over here (I do have some racing experience, but still) so the need for a faster car is not that huge at this mo.

I DONT think the GT3 is overpriced... Think about it. Its faster than most other car's costing WAY more (F430, Gallardo, etc) around most tracks (including N'Ring). Those cars may be faster in a straight line, but to make a car accelerate fast is easy, and does not exactly cost alot.

go for the GT3 buddy, its really is value for $$$ and it sounds AW SO ME