Quote:
MKSGR said:
Quote:
Gary(SF) said:
Quote:
MKSGR said:

Are you serious? I really love Ferrari. But a Ferrari is an Italian car. And like all Italian cars it has a build quality far from perfect.

That's simply not true any longer, starting with the 360 imo. Some say starting with the 355, but in my experience the 360 is the first Ferrari with truly Porsche-competitive reliability. I've owned both brands and the Ferrari is right there with Porsche now. Most Ferrari owners don't drive their cars as much as Porsche guys do, in most cases because they own 6 or 8 (or more) cars, not because they aren't reliable.

Gary

The above list of malfunctions relates to a F360. This car had many serious flaws. Not just one or two. And the flaws were that substantial that Ferrari could not eliminate them.

Ferrari is not even close to Porsche in terms of quality and reliability. And if I should guess, they will never get close any time in the future. Just visit Maranello and you will know why I say that. There is simply a different work attitude in Zuffenhausen and Maranello

I've been to both Maranello and Zuffenhausen, and I don't anticipate owning a Porsche in the future. Sorry to hear about your 360 problems, in my experience (and that of a number of friends) they are not at all representative of the car, but then any manufacturer can build a dud, and I've certainly seen it in the Porsche world.

Gary