From Audiworld R8 Forum:

Quote:
... finally got some stick time behind the wheel of the AU714 and cripes, I would sandpaper my eyeballs to get the first one. Over the last couple of days I had the opportunity to the fifth development car along with a sampling of some other amusing products in Baja Deutschland. As a development car doing some pretty hard chassis and powertrain duties it's interior (the part of the AU714 about which I've been most curious) was so far from representative of the production version on the interior as to be beyond laughable.

Doesn't matter, car is soooo refined dynamically that it feels like a completely different KIND of car from a Gallardo. No DSG in any of the production development cars and when brought up, there was much staring at shoes. Don't think it'd be a good idea to expect DSG much before late 2008~early 2009. Unfortunately, I did catch a glimpes of a car in the engineering garage with the gawdawful e-Gear old-tech single-clutch automated manual system offered in the big Lambo and the Gallardo.

Car is spectacular in the rear view mirror, wide with great stance and looking like it's gonna suck your car into the gaping (but actually pretty compact in dimensions) grille.

The is gonna be one outstanding machine.

Still wanna see the production interior though.

You might wanna read the discussion about this post over at Fourtitude as well, it gets quite ugly real fast
http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=2698436