Quote:
Alan(NJ) said:
since I thought the arrow disappeared after 10 secs:

1) I don't own a 997tt - not correct - you can tell by the huge smile on my face everytime I come back from a drive
2) When I thought I held for more than 10 secs, I really didn't - possible - things happen so fast on overboost that I really wasn't watching the time carefully
3) I unconsciously lifted off the pedal in order to save my license - possible - maybe my survival instinct took over
4) I was right - perhaps after 10 secs, the arrow disappeared - not so sure anymore becuase of other posters and aforementioned possibilities

One thing I am sure of is that the arrow disappears if you lift off the accelerator in a manual equipped car. - not sure about my 10 sec disappearing arrow claim.

Alan, relax. I KNOW that you're no fake, Nessie is still playing with your little gift and maybe you would be delighted to hear that she's a pretty clever girl, she is the only one entering school at age 5 from her Kindergarten group.

To get back to the car: please pay attention what happens when you have the chance to regarding the arrow and how long it stays on when you keep the throttle fully pressed (I know this is difficult in the US due to speed limits). It would be really important. I had a manual Turbo with me in Nuernberg but I was dumb enough not to ask about the overboost thingie.