Quote:
crazi4speed said:
aahh..FLYING start..yes thats how all are tested and you really have to be naive to belive that the 997 Turbo was tested without a flying start, even the CGT was tested with a Flying start...

so if you dont belive the Z06 time, why should believe porsche's official time, god knows were they running the next rummored power upgrade on the turbo with some 520 hp or something? who knows? they could have removed the back seats to make it lighter, i mean if you dont believ official times then there is nothing you can.

As for sports auto driving the car, i am sure that would be cool, but Z06 is a harder car to handle and i am sure those guys would not be able to pull a good time in the car but then again who knows..I would love to see what happens, but since sports auto runs there and have run in many porsche, they already know the setup and are comfortable with it, unlike the vette...

anyhow i would be waiting..

That's the thing! I don't believe Porsche's official times. And no, the cars normally aren't tested with a flying start. That was a cheap publicity stunt by GM. A really fast car, nonetheless, but a dishonest tactic. Like I said, wait for Sport Auto to test both cars. Same driver, with years of experience on the 'Ring.