Quote:
RC said:
Quote:
RonnieC6Z said:
And when I think of Porsches past, I think of guys with gold chains around their necks, sour looks on their face when a Ferrari is near, heads constantly turning to see who is looking at them, and always looking quite constipated: grin:, sorry couldn't resist.

Well, all I can tell you is that in Germany's past, Vettes were driven by pimps. And this is not me provoking but the plain truth. The image of the Corvette started to change a decade or so ago, maybe even longer. But in the 70s and 80s, the Vettes were definetely the cars of the pimps over here. And Porsches were driven by VIPs (a lot of german actors, soccer players, etc. had Porsches), doctors, lawyers, etc. Ferraris were also pretty much in the hands of the red district, it changed with the introduction of the F355 and F40 but maybe also because people started to view things differently over here.

Don't know about the US but over here in the land of Porsches, they weren't driven by guys with gold stuff around their neck.

Here in the US (Porsches #1 target market), generally speaking, Vettes are driven by guys that love speed, performance and balls-to-the-wall thrills, and Porsches are driven by exactly what I stated above.