Quote:
nberry said:
I am surprise. Test showed from 80-120 the TT destroyed everyone. However, that is because all the cars were forced to use 6th gear. Obviously the gearing played a major role.

From the start the TT with AWD would be quicker but once they begin to hit serious numbers, the TT is coughing the Z06 exhaust.

The more I read about the TT performance the less impressed I am becoming. When you factor in its rather pedestrian styling with vacuum cleaner exhaust sound, I suspect many buyer's are going to be disappointed. My God they had two years to develop a perf. cars to beat the competition and this is the best they can do.

Are we reading the same posts??? You really feel that buyers of the new TT will be disappointed??? HAHAHA

I have a hard time believing that. Time will settle all of these issues with the performance. I am particularly interested in hearing Amir's impression after a few 1,000 miles. With two F-cars, a BMW M5, and a CGT in the stable next to his TT, I believe that he would give an unbiased assestment. But, bottom line, nobody has built the perfect car for every driver....and no one ever will. Suffice it to say, that those of us that are getting a 997TT are getting one because we appreciate the qualities of this car.

Nick, don't be such a buzz killer.....jealousy is an ugly thing