noone1:
MKSGR:
Josef:

A 1:07.4 is not slow with the normal Cup tires. Nobody knows the NBR time with these tires. In addition, I guess the Crosa tire of the Porsche is also very new and seems to be exceptionally fast. Otherwise, Porsche would not have switched from Michelin to Pirelli.

The GTR is at least as fast or faster as a GT3 RS (without the special tires). We all knew from the beginning that the incredibly fast NBR time is due to special tire which was mentioned in the SA back then.

The 991 GTS on the new Corsas does 1.08 on the HHR with approx 150 hp less than the GTR. Just imagine what will happen if the new Corsa will be used on a turbo, not to speak of the Gt2Rs with about 200hp more... This is the franework the GTr needs to be compared with (based on AMG's own marketing, where they want to compare with the very best).

Well then you might as well put new generation tires on every old car and re-test them all. The point is that the GTR can do X time with standard options. It is what it is. What's the point in comparing it to cars who don't have the tire options available? If you can't get a 911 with special Cup2, you're SOL.

I agree - but that is the opposite of what Sportauto did. With recent tires all cars seem to be much wuicker (we mentioned the 991 GTS as another example). That is: the GTR test is meaningless in the sense that you cannot compare the outcome with earlier tests of other cars (because of the recent improvement in tire performance). Sportauto tried to sell a different story though - and I am sure they did this knowing they where cheating their readers.