MKSGR:
MKSGR:
KresoF1:

CG claims that car is extremly confidence inspiring on the limit and therefore much easier to drive on the limit then some competitors. Car is pure stock according to my Motorpresse friend and as you will see from forthcoming Supertest measured power is in order (at upper limit of legal limit) as well. 

Car is basically reingeneered version of original AMG GT S. 

So, your assumption is that Mercedes AMG can not do it and Porsche for example can? 

Or to put it on thin ice that CG and Sport Auto are on AMG pay list and are lying to the public? 

Kreso, I doubt it for the time being. Mercedes has a history of building underperforming sports cars and also a history of cheating the press... Based on this: yes, I doubt they can achieve something Porsche or Ferrari can achieve as they lack the expertise and the engineering know-how Smiley Also, keep in mind that the GTR will only be available to customers in the second half o 2017. That also tells a lot. By definition (!) this car is a prototype and not (!) a production car. They do this as they will have more room to explain why the production car performs far less good than this press car.

Doing a Supertest now of a car that will hit the road in about 12 months... That and their history is all I need to know. I am thinking of the Nissan GTR in this context as well... Made for the stupid people who open their purse based on this kind of BS tactic 

Maybe it is time for a little wrap-up of what we know so far, approx. 6 months later:

- Sportauto confirmed that the test car had about 35hp more than the regular car (approx. 6% - that is illegal for road cars in the EU)

- The "special" Cup2 tire (all based on Sportauto quotes): costs approx. Euro 4000 per set, requires a special approval from the regulator on a car-by-car basis, is very dangerous in colder temperature, needs careful warming up that is even difficult on the track (!), has a "very narrow" performance window, is done after few laps (i.e. needs replacing then); also, AutoBild complains about the drivability of the car, claims it is peaky and a bit risky to drive with these tires on the track (!)

- With the "normal" Cup2 tires (that can be ordered officially on the web configurator) HHR lap time is 1s slower - on a percentage basis this would imply a NBR lap time of not 7.11 but only 7.25 (not so impressive any longer...)

- For comparison: the 991 GTS with the brand new PZero Corsa (that are better for daily use than the "normal" Cup2 on the GTR based on Sportauto) achieves a HHR time of 1.08 (vs. 1.074 of the GTR) - with approx 150hp less!

- 0-200 was just 10.3s with the Sportauto car - although this car has the above quoted 35hp more than regular customer cars, i.e. the car is underperforming in the straight line despite its massive surplus in hp output...

- CwxA is far worse than with the turbo s, for example: 0.78 vs. 0.64 - i.e. high-speed performance (above 200kph) will probably be worse than 0-200

In summary: the performance of the GTR seems mostly based on these fake tires. The rest of the car (including brake performance, acceleration) is beaten by all major competitors (turbo s, 488, etc.). If you order the GTR with the normal PZero (as you intend to use it also in daily situtations) the GTR probably also has a track performance worse than that of a regular turbo s.

Did anybody hear any news on the delivery situation in Germany, BTW?

Don't know why you're calling them fake tires. They said you can order the tires, so who cares? You spec the tires and you get the car shown. What's the problem?

If you're buying a car for track performance, you put the track tires on it. Why would someone care about lap times and then put shitty pzeros on the car?